Saturday, November 15, 2008

Can You Get Rid of Cellulite Through Diet?

Those of you who have followed my journeys on this blog about getting rid of cellulite should be able to tell even by the title line that this is an arena that I can feel somewhat comfortable with, given the different topics I have researched so far. One thing that I am thoroughly convinced of is that diet and exercise have more of an impact on cellulite reduction than probably any other thing, and between the two, diet slightly pushes ahead as probably the primary determining factor in whether or not the right environment for “cottage cheese thighs” to develop even ever comes into play. I sometimes hesitate to use the word “diet”, because the knee-jerk reaction for most people when they hear that word is to think that you are referring to eating only rice cakes that taste like cardboard, or some bland tofu product that leaves you unfulfilled and even borderline angry after you eat it (LOL). But diet, in the sense that I would like to refer to it, is the basic overall strategy or general style of eating that you engage in on a regular basis. I don’t want to come across as implying that diet is referring to a particular “regimen”, so to speak, with a set list of foods that must be eaten every day, neither am I referring to diet as all the foods that you CAN’T eat. Again, diet, in the sense that I interpret the word, is simply your basic eating habits or food preferences. My intent is not to put anyone in bondage, so I am definitely making an attempt to stay away from any of the negative connotations of or references to diet. Diet and nutrition are absolutely vital in reference to the development of cellulite, so it is imperative that we explore the question of whether diet can help you get rid of cellulite or not. While there are many theories about the bottom-line effect that nutrition and diet has on cellulite reduction, it is safe to say that you cannot act like what you eat has no effect at all on these things. For as long as I can remember back, I was always told that “you are what you eat”, and that’s more true than a lot of people even realize. I think that if we fully understood just how much our diet affects our health and well-being, we would take this aspect of our lives so much more seriously, and treat it with more respect.

It’s amazing because the eating rules that apply to general health also apply specifically to a “cellulite diet”, so to speak. It’s never a good thing to overload yourself with greasy or fried foods all the time. Most cooking oils contain trans-fatty acids which have the potential to block your arteries over time, and on top of that, the oil content can send your fat intake through the roof. Fried foods also have a damaging effect on your skin as well; I can speak personally about this, because any time I would overdo it with fried or greasy foods, my face would inevitably break out. That was one of the things that prompted me to stop eating them and start drinking a whole lot more water. Now my main drink is water, when it used to be everything but—you’re talking to someone who used to consume at least 6 or 7 various soft drinks every day, with little to no water intake at all! So if I could name one of the most essential ingredients to keeping cellulite at bay, it would be a robust water intake, at least 6 to 8 eight-ounce glasses every day. Actually, if you can push for 10 eight-ounce glasses of water every day, you’re really knocking it out of the park. This may require you to cut down on other drinks so you don’t feel as bloated. The benefits of water cannot ever be overstated. Keep in mind that your muscles are comprised of 75% water, your blood is about 80% water, your brain is about 75% water, and your bone composition is about 22% water. Now tell me again…do you think it’s important to drink water? Water will keep your skin looking vibrant and healthy, and give it that “glow” that is so appealing. Water also aids in digestion, which is extremely important in eliminating toxins from the body, and if you have read my post about cellulite reduction where I explain about lymphatic drainage, you’ll remember that when the body retains toxins, it can have a direct effect on the development of cellulite. So if you don’t get anything else out of this post, please remember to DRINK MORE WATER!!!

Now here’s the amazing thing…I feel like I’m just getting started on explaining whether or not you can get rid of cellulite through diet, and now I have to go…I have some personal business to attend to, plus again, this post is quite long already. We will pick up at a later time. Until then, remember, I’m standing with you in your fight to get rid of cellulite!

No comments: