Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rachael Ray Talks Cellulite on Her Show

Well folks, can you believe it? I’m actually back “on the grid” after a long hiatus—wow, it’s been over a year since I’ve posted anything here on Getting Rid of Cellulite—and it doesn’t even feel like it. Time flies! So what happened, you ask? Well, nothing major, just life in general. Getting busy. Managing spouse and kids. Making things happen around the house. The normal, everyday things that we all have to do. And mainly just clearing my head. One thing I committed to do from the onset was not to post just for the sake of posting. I will never be one of those people that’s glued to their computer monitor 8 hours out of the day, putting out a new blog post every day like clockwork. Nothing against the people who can do that (I actually admire their diligence), but I simply don’t have that much to say. When I come across something interesting about getting rid of cellulite, or something that has to do with cellulite reduction, if it grabs my attention and “tickles my fancy”, then I’m off and running.

So on to cellulite business. I just found out about the now-famous Rachael Ray cellulite show. She basically featured different products that are touted for facilitating cellulite reduction, to some degree anyway. Three guests (dare I say guinea pigs?) agreed to try three different products that are considered to be more natural or holistic products to get rid of cellulite, or at least reduce the appearance of it in those problem areas that all of us are all too familiar with. Here are the three products: (1) The Nutra Luxe Infrared Body Shaping Massager Lipo Reduction Set (sounds almost ominous), which is reported to diminish the appearance of cellulite, (2) The Solidea MicroMassage Magic Pantie, a form of shapewear or bodyshaping hosiery that purportedly works to tone the skin and encourage “microcirculation” while reducing the appearance of cellulite, and (3) The Totally You Seaweed Body Wrap Kit, which claims to reduce the “orange peel” or “cottage cheese” look of cellulite on the skin—I don’t know what it is about seaweed, but it seems like if you really want to impress someone with how holistic you are, you bring up the word “seaweed” somewhere in the conversation (LOL). I’m not knocking the Body Wrap because I haven’t tried it, but that just came to my mind as I was writing this.

This isn’t the first time Rachael has tackled the subject of cellulite. I found a YouTube video of her addressing this troublesome condition a while back, in her “Human Labs” segment (I guess I was right to poke fun at them by calling them “guinea pigs”). Heck, today’s show may have even been a rerun. I don’t know. Either way, take a look at it:




Well, that’s it for now…just some fodder to get the gears turning (yours and mine). Hope you enjoyed by brief encapsulation of the Rachael Ray cellulite show, and I look forward to tackling new cellulite-related subjects with you in the coming months!

1 comment:

heidie said...

Rachel Ray cracks me up! I loved this episode where she talks about removing cellulite!